Subject: Re: A TIP to all you new character animators, including myself!
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 1995 01:19:50 -0500

Adam Ives Chrystie <[email-masked]> writes:
>Be sure to finalize the model BEFORE you start bending and altering teh
>shape..finalization includes metaformings..merging points AND TRIPLING all
>the polygons. If you tripple after making your target morph positions, you
>will have to start all over because your models will not morph properly..

Actually, that is not true. If you take an object and its morph target,
and apply identical operations, the result will be identical point orders.
Recenetly I had to add add teeth, finger nails, and subdivide and/or
triple certain polygons on a character and its target. Morphing was not
effected at all. However, make sure to keep your originals just in case
you make a mistake along the way.
  *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  *           Mark Thompson           http://www.mv.com/ipusers/fusion  *
  *         Fusion Films, Inc.              [email-masked]          *
  * Director of Animation and Special FX      (603) 424-1829            *
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~